stylish photoblogs
shutterchance.com
all photoblogs
random photoblog
bookmark
>  forums  >  Site development  >  Shutter: Likes, Dislikes, Care Less, and Wish List
6 posts in this topic
 search only title title & message

author message date posted   
re: Shutter: Likes, Dislikes, Care Less, and Wish List
1 Sep 2017 at 14:01 GMT
number of posts: 1107

Mahjong video game players could download and install as well as play Mahjong Titans game on Windows 10 by setting up the Windows 7 video game pack given up this article. http://mahjongfreegames.online/titans
vz-nostalgia 
6 Jul 2012 at 21:15 GMT
number of posts: 79

oh wow... a year passed since my original post. Two hundred people read it and only brave Paul shared his thought. I guess everyone else is pretty happy with the status quo. No wonder shutter shrinks and goes down the hill in general. Oh well... Even John seems abandoned the ship and let it sail on its own.
paul 
8 Nov 2011 at 21:03 GMT
number of posts: 49

My quick and easy to implement suggestion to improve SC would be bring back the themed challenges. It is embarrassing to see the list of previous Challenges listed in All Photoblogs with no recent activity and they usually prompted plenty of contributions.

vz-nostalgia 
7 Nov 2011 at 16:04 GMT

79 people read this thread to date and not a single suggestion how to improve shutter? Gee… I lived in an apathetic society for a good chunk of my life. I’ve seen inertia and indifference, but not to THAT degree. Amazing.
28 Jul 2011 at 20:27 GMT
number of posts: 1107

I thought that my serious comments referred to VZ's photos, I didn't realized that it were only a 'folks- chat'- neither from my side nor from VZ's side. I don't know why my name (no shutterchancer) has been mentioned in this context.
vz-nostalgia 
Shutter: Likes, Dislikes, Care Less, and Wish List
5 Jul 2011 at 22:56 GMT

Looks like the owners of shutter are pretty serious about redesigning/improving the website. Good for them. As I mentioned in my reply to Dr. Williams, in this world of ours if you are not a step ahead, you are a step behind. Because whatever they do is about us and for us, I think it’s imperative that we, as members, provide them with our feedback on the current design of shutter, not on the level of small troubles that we have from time to time, but on the level of a big picture. Think of, say, two-three things you really like about shutter (so they keep them), two-three features that you don’t like at all, two-three things that you don’t care much about, and two-three features that you wish we have on shutter. For example, here are mine:
1. Pop up thumbs on the main page, when you hover over the small thumbs. This little feature saves me tons of time, letting me the opportunity to look a bit closer and to decide if it is worth opening the page.
2. The translator. I just love it. Many pages are in their native languages, and I find it invaluable to navigate through them: reading the title, comments, replies…
3. A private comment feature. Some folks are very sensitive to the public critique. This feature allows me to have an open and honest discussion, or an exchange of ideas that are not necessarily interesting for a wider public.
Dislikes:
1. The competitive nature of shutter. I have no idea why we have it or need it. When I first joined shutter it took me a while to figure out why some blogs moved up as the day progressed, and some sunk down. I’m still not sure what the criteria are. One of them is, obviously, the amount of comments, which oftentimes has nothing to do with the picture per se, as folks just chat to each other (did it myself, when Ms. Philine was still visiting Nostalgia). The other one might be the amount of likeys, which is kind of fair, but the thing is we’re here not to compete with each other, but to share. I have no clue about the rest of the criteria.
2. The flags on the main page that represents the country of the members of shutter. I don’t know all the flags by heart, so to find a particular country one has to hover over the dozens of flags to find the country one needs. I think a simple list of the names of the countries would do just fine.
3. The titles. My long standing problem is that the allowed length of the title is too damn short for my lengthy thoughts. The other thing I don’t like about the titles is the inability to change their color. I just can’t stand this green title on the white background: it’s hard to read.
Care less:
1. Movers and Shakers. Oftentimes there is nothing moving or shaking about the images that get to the top of the main shutter page.
2. Tweet, Buzz and F-Like buttons. I just care less about these things, as I neither buzz, tweet or facebook.
Wish list:
1. I’d love to have a “Purchase Print” button. From time to time folks ask me about how to purchase a print from Nostalgia and I have to explain over and over the same thing about the prices, the paper, the sizes and so on. A standardized private page would make my life easier.
2. It would be nice to have the “Like” button under the image. Not the Facebook “Like” button (about which I really care less), but the real one like Amazon.com has, or David Nightingale (chromasia.com) has under his images. If we really need the competition on shutter, the amount of “likes” to the picture would be a better criterion, rather than the amount of comments. Please, don’t confuse it with a “Likey”. A Likey is a much potent feature. When you likeyd a picture that means you will go back to look at it over and over again. Besides, only members of shutter can likey a picture, while everyone who visits a blog shall be able to push the “Like” button.
3. I wish we had a comprehensive”Guide through Shutterchance” tutorial somewhere on shutter. You would not believe how many times I had to explain to new folks how to reply to comments, how to change the original template to a minimalist one, how to assign a white (black) background to a particular picture and on and on and on… Either a Guide in PDF or a thorough FAQ page somewhere on forum (not hidden) would do.
4. A picture in the About page. Other photoblog management applications (and the rest of the social network applications, like Facebook, Linkedin and so on) allow an easy upload of the member’s picture on the About page. I have no idea why we still don’t have it on shutter. I realize that some will forfeit this feature, but I’m sure that many (based on my visits to Aminus) will be only glad to post their picture.

quick reply

must be filled in

fill in code   in this box

what's going on?
  0 members currently browsing forum
595 topics in total in this forum
6 posts in total in this topic
latest post was 1 Sep 2017 in Shutter: Likes, Dislikes, Care Less, and Wish List

© all rights reserved. photographs, images and content are copyright of their photographers